CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S NEWS!
NHC Senior Resource Center Health, Resource, and Job Fair
WEDNESDAY, MAY 8
Over 35 vendors will participate in the Health and Resource portion of the fair!
NEW this year! We are excited to add a JOB FAIR to this event, which should be a great addition for our senior attendees.
New Geri-Fit exercise class at the Castle Hayne Baptist Church – It will be held on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Monday of the month at 9:30am. The address is 4544 Castle Hayne Road, it is 1/2 mile north from the intersection of North College Road and Blue Clay Road. Geri Fit is for seniors age 60 and older. No charge however contributions are welcomed and appreciated. We will do light aerobics, stretching, balancing, hand weights for muscle building, and practice our deep breathing. We take hydration breaks so please bring water. Each class is 45 minutes long. Hope to see you there!
Specific Intensity Levels for the Tai Chi for Arthritis Classes
Tuesday’s Tai Chi Classes will be: 9am Beginners, 10am Advanced
Wednesday’s Tai Chi Classes will be: 12:15pm Beginners, 1:15pm Intermediate
- For all you crafters out there – we now offer “Jewelry Beading and Wiring Techniques” every Thursday from 8:30am to 10am in Craftroom 1. No charge, however you must bring your own supplies to the class. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 795-7381.
- Beginner Spanish – Class will be held on Monday mornings from 8am to 9am, and will be held in Craftroom 2. The cost of each class is $5 and that covers all supplies. To register please call Morgan at 333-2034.
- Evening fitness class – We meet every Thursday starting at 5:45pm here at the Senior Resource Center, Physical Fitness Room. The class has light aerobics, hand weights, deep breathing, stretching, and balancing. A complete workout. We take hydration breaks so please bring water. See you soon!
- Gentle Yoga for Bone and Back Health is a mat/chair yoga class designed for people who are experiencing back issues, have been diagnosed with Osteopenia/ Osteoporosis, or have difficulty getting up and down off the mat. The cost for this class is $5 per class. For information on days and times, contact Annette Crumpton 910-617-2011. Space is limited so please check with Annette for enrollment status.
- Alzheimer’s Support number is 910-233-9538.
- Contributions to support Title III-D EBHP classes such as Geri-Fit, Tai Chi for Arthritis, and Matter of Balance are encouraged and always appreciated.
Our library is overflowing; at this time we are not accepting donations of books or magazines, thank you.
We have had several contributions of Feeding Tube Products in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot use these items or give them away to Center participants. These products are not like Ensure or Boost drinks. As far as other contributions, we have plenty of books, magazines, jigsaw puzzles, VHS tapes and board games. Please do not bring these items to the Center. Instead, take them to the Seamen’s Center, Goodwill, or Salvation Army. We cannot use scraps of sewing material, but we can use yarn….. but only certain types/colors/thicknesses. Please call and ask before bringing yarn. You can call 798-6406. Thank you.
- BRIDGE – Monday Duplicate Bridge, 686-5554 / Tuesday Intermediate Contract Rubber Party Bridge, 367-6739 / Wednesday Bridge, 399-8306
OTHER OFF-SITE BRIDGE INFORMATION: 452-3057, 799-4287, 763-4079, 681-3715, or 232-2754. Anyone at these numbers should be able to tell you several different places around Wilmington to play, including the facility at the Government Center. They also should know of any bridge lessons.
On the first Wednesday of each month we have a one-hour program that lets seniors know about upcoming opportunities for trips and travel. Most of these trips are in VA, NC and SC but there are others. If you want to learn about upcoming trips please join us at 11am on the first Wednesday of each month in Craftroom 2. These are not Senior Center sponsored trips. We do not know ahead of time what trips are planned or any future destinations. For any questions about travel, please call – – – – –Phone: 910-791-0554 Email: email@example.com
« Back to news overview