CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S NEWS!
- College Football fans – we have a game for you – grand prize $20 gift card. It’s a Pick ‘Em Game where you can choose from any one of the 130 Division 1 NCAA teams. We will make your customized sheet, just fill it out and return by Aug. 30 to enter. Ask the Front Desk and they will get you an entry form. Good Luck!
- Free evening fitness class for seniors age 60 and older – We meet every Thursday starting at 5:45pm. It has light aerobics, hand weights, deep breathing, stretching, and balance. A complete workout. See you soon!
- GERI – FIT on Wednesday and Friday has moved back to the original start time of 12 noon.
- Fans are in! Remember: one fan PER HOUSEHOLD to anyone age 60 or older who resides in New Hanover County. Those younger than 60 must have their disability paperwork. We are aware each year of those who try to get more than one fan.
Gentle Yoga for Bone and Back Health is a mat/chair yoga class designed for people who are experiencing back issues, have been diagnosed with Osteopenia/ Osteoporosis, or have difficulty getting up and down off the mat. The cost for this class is $5 per class. For information on days and times, contact Annette Crumpton 910-617-2011. Space is limited so please check with Annette for enrollment status.
Alzheimer’s Support number is 910-233-9538.
Contributions to support Title III-D EBHP classes such as Tai Chi for Arthritis, Geri Fit and Matter of Balance are encouraged and always appreciated.
This can be in the form of cash, check, OR
8 oz. water bottles, or boxed breakfast bars. Please see the Activities Dept.
We have had several contributions of Feeding Tube Products in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot use these items or give them away to Center participants. These products are not like Ensure or Boost drinks. As far as other contributions, we have plenty of books, magazines, jigsaw puzzles, VHS tapes and board games. Please do not bring these items to the Center. Instead, take them to the Seamen’s Center, Goodwill, or Salvation Army. We cannot use scraps of sewing material, but we can use yarn….. but only certain types/colors/thicknesses. PLEASE call and ask before bringing yarn! You can call 798-6406. Thank you.
- BRIDGE – Monday Duplicate Bridge, 686-5554 / Tuesday Intermediate Contract Rubber Party Bridge, 367-6739 / Wednesday Drop In Party Bridge, 313-0513
OTHER OFF-SITE BRIDGE INFORMATION: 452-3057, 799-4287, 763-4079, 681-3715, or 232-2754. Anyone at these numbers should be able to tell you several different places around Wilmington to play, including the facility at the Government Center. They also should know of any bridge lessons.
On the first Wednesday of each month we have a one-hour program that lets seniors know about upcoming opportunities for trips and travel. Most of these trips are in VA, NC and SC but there are others. If you want to learn about upcoming trips please join us at 11am on the first Wednesday of each month in Craftroom 2. These are not Senior Center sponsored trips. We do not know ahead of time what trips are planned or any of the destinations. For any questions about travel, please call – – – – –Phone: 910-791-0554 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
« Back to news overview