CLICK HERE FOR THIS WEEK’S NEWS!
Beginning in March – New Specific Intensity Levels for the Tai Chi for Arthritis Classes
Tuesday’s Tai Chi Classes will be: 9am Beginners, 10am Advanced
Wednesday’s Tai Chi Classes will be: 12:15pm Beginners, 1:15pm Intermediate
- For all you crafters out there – we now offer “Jewelry Beading and Wiring Techniques” every Thursday from 8:30am to 10am in Craftroom 1. No charge, however you must bring your own supplies to the class. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 795-7381.
- Evening fitness class – We meet every Thursday starting at 5:45pm. It has light aerobics, hand weights, deep breathing, stretching, and balance. A complete workout. See you soon! Please note that the rest of the building is not open for regular classes or games then; that time is Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm.
- Gentle Yoga for Bone and Back Health is a mat/chair yoga class designed for people who are experiencing back issues, have been diagnosed with Osteopenia/ Osteoporosis, or have difficulty getting up and down off the mat. The cost for this class is $5 per class. For information on days and times, contact Annette Crumpton 910-617-2011. Space is limited so please check with Annette for enrollment status.
- Alzheimer’s Support number is 910-233-9538.
- Contributions to support Title III-D EBHP classes such as Tai Chi for Arthritis, Geri Fit and Matter of Balance are encouraged and always appreciated.
We have had several contributions of Feeding Tube Products in the past. Unfortunately, we cannot use these items or give them away to Center participants. These products are not like Ensure or Boost drinks. As far as other contributions, we have plenty of books, magazines, jigsaw puzzles, VHS tapes and board games. Please do not bring these items to the Center. Instead, take them to the Seamen’s Center, Goodwill, or Salvation Army. We cannot use scraps of sewing material, but we can use yarn….. but only certain types/colors/thicknesses. Please call and ask before bringing yarn. You can call 798-6406. Thank you.
- BRIDGE – Monday Duplicate Bridge, 686-5554 / Tuesday Intermediate Contract Rubber Party Bridge, 367-6739 / Wednesday Bridge, 399-8306
OTHER OFF-SITE BRIDGE INFORMATION: 452-3057, 799-4287, 763-4079, 681-3715, or 232-2754. Anyone at these numbers should be able to tell you several different places around Wilmington to play, including the facility at the Government Center. They also should know of any bridge lessons.
On the first Wednesday of each month we have a one-hour program that lets seniors know about upcoming opportunities for trips and travel. Most of these trips are in VA, NC and SC but there are others. If you want to learn about upcoming trips please join us at 11am on the first Wednesday of each month in Craftroom 2. These are not Senior Center sponsored trips. We do not know ahead of time what trips are planned or any future destinations. NOTE: April’s meeting will be April 9th, the 2nd Tuesday due to scheduling conflicts. For any questions about travel, please call – – – – –Phone: 910-791-0554 Email: email@example.com
« Back to news overview