How to Help
Contributions to support Title III-D EBHP classes such as Geri Fit, Matter of Balance, and Tai Chi for Arthritis are encouraged and always appreciated. This can be in the form of cash, check, a donation of 8 oz. water bottles, or a donation of boxed breakfast bars.
Our Center can always use a donation of the $1 vinyl tablecloths found at the dollar store, in any color or shape. Thank you for helping us decorate for volunteer banquets.
Due to risk management restrictions, we can no longer accept donations of canes, walkers, or wheelchairs. If you want to donate walkers, wheelchairs, handicapped toilet seats, etc. we would like to direct you to contact Pine Valley United Methodist Church here in Wilmington. Their number is 910-791-0353.
How can YOU help your local Senior Center? As of right now, we need volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to our shut-in seniors. If you can help please call 910-798-6400.
You can also help us . . . . . . .
- With your time as a volunteer.
- If you can teach beginner piano or guitar, we’d love to get our music classes back up and running.
- With your supplies – We can use unopened Depends undergarments/Poise pads. As far as craft supplies, we can only use yarn. The yarn must be a certain thickness; we cannot use all types of yarn with our projects. So, please call Valerie at 798-6406 before dropping off large containers of yarn!
- Prize donations – New items from a local dollar store would make a great prize for our seniors when they win our non-Bingo games. Bags of individually wrapped candy pieces can be used for prizes as well.
- Our Activities Department would LOVE to borrow or buy a Roulette Wheel so that we can add to our 1st Friday Game Day fun! We would need the kind in the wooden frame, not the black plastic. If you have one to sell or would let us borrow, please call 910-798-6409.
Due to storage limitations, we do not accept donations of books, magazines, VHS tapes, jigsaw puzzles, or board games. You may call 297-3669 to donate these items to the International Seamens Center on Shipyard Boulevard, Wilmington. Goodwill and the Salvation Army are two other places that will accept these items. Thank you for understanding our storage limitations.
If you have a question about a donation, please call 910-798-6409.