How to Help
FUNDRAISER INFORMATION: http://src.nhcgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Spring-Fundraiser-2017.pdf
How can YOU help your local Senior Center? As of right now, we need volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to our shut-in seniors. If you can help please call Ashley at 798-6423.
You can also help us . . . . . . .
- With your time as a volunteer.
- If you can teach beginner piano or guitar, we’d love to get our music classes back up and running.
- With your supplies – We can use unopened Depends undergarments/Poise pads. As far as craft supplies, we can use yarn. Please call Valerie at 798-6406 before bringing large containers of yarn.
- Prize donations – New items from a local dollar store would make a great prize for our seniors when they win our non-Bingo games. Bags of individually wrapped candy pieces can be used for prizes as well.
- Our Activities Department would LOVE to borrow or buy a Roulette Wheel so that we can add to our 1st Friday Game Day fun! We would need the kind in the wooden frame, not the black plastic. If you have one to sell or would let us borrow, please call 910-798-6409.
Due to storage limitations, we do not accept donations of books, magazines, VHS tapes, jigsaw puzzles, or board games. You may call 297-3669 to donate these items to the International Seamens Center on Shipyard Boulevard, Wilmington. Goodwill and the Salvation Army are two other places that will accept these items. Thank you for understanding our storage limitations.
If you have a question about a donation, please call 910-798-6409.